TOP 10 ONLINE CASINOS
Pirots - GAME REVIEW
Some slot designers have the courage to unleash their creativity and think outside the box and that’s exactly what ELK Studios did with their game, “Pirots.” This high seas adventure is unlike any other, as the pirates in this game are not human but parrots – hence the clever wordplay in the title. Not only is the subject matter original, but the game also boasts a unique set of creative features. So, get ready to say “arrr!” in a whole new way!
Using a pirate theme in a game allows for the opportunity to create an exotic and romantic setting for players to immerse themselves in. Pirots does not disappoint in this regard, as it transports players to a picturesque Caribbean-like location with stunning mountainous islands, lush vegetation, and breathtaking sunsets. One of the perks of indulging in armchair pirate fantasies in the modern age, is that there’s no risk of contracting scurvy, running out of provisions, suffering from poor hygiene, dealing with rat infestations, exposure to the elements, or being pursued by pirate hunters. Instead, players of Pirots can relax and appreciate their surroundings, even selecting one of the islands in view as a potential location for hiding treasure.
Pirates – Game Properties
Of course, before you can bury any loot in Pirots, you must first acquire it. This can be accomplished in various ways, especially if the X-iter menu is accessible. The game offers base bets ranging from 0.20 to USD/EUR 100 per spin, and regardless of the method used to play, the theoretical return to player (RTP) value remains constant at 94%. With a mathematically medium to high level of volatility, the gameplay unfolds on an expandable grid matrix, beginning with a default size of 5 reels and 5 rows.
One of the most appealing statistics of Pirots is the maximum win potential, which is an impressive 10,000 times the initial bet.
During each spin in Pirots, which is referred to as a “drop,” players will notice four different colored birds (blue, green, red and purple) landing on the grid in addition to the regular paying gems and any other special symbols. These birds move around the grid like pacman, collecting feature symbols and gems of the same color. The symbols must be adjacent in up, down, left, or right directions to be collected.
The four types of gems also come in blue, green, purple, and red, and start at level 1 in terms of their value. However, they can be upgraded in value, with level 1 gems worth between 0.05-0.25x the bet each, and the most valuable gems, once upgraded, worth between 3 to 15 times the bet each.
As the Birds move around the grid in Pirots, they collect feature symbols and gems of the same color. In addition, all symbols except for the bonus symbol are collected on a meter when they are gathered by the Birds. When the meter is full, a feature award is triggered, and three gems are transformed into feature symbols when no additional symbols can be collected. It is possible to collect and trigger multiple feature awards simultaneously. In situations where there are no more wins but the possibility of a win remains, adjacent birds may swap positions.
Pirots offers six types of feature symbols, namely wilds, transform symbols, upgrade symbols, coins, bombs, and bonus symbols. Here’s what each of them does:
- Wild – The wild symbol can replace any gem symbol at its current win level.
- Transform Symbol – The transform symbol has the ability to change a cluster of gems around it into the same color as the collecting bird or even into feature symbols.
- Upgrade Symbol – A white upgrade symbol can be used to upgrade the gem of the collecting bird to the next level. If the gem is already at its maximum level, another gem will be upgraded instead. The multicolored upgrade symbols, on the other hand, upgrade all gems. It’s important to note that no upgrades occur beyond level 5.
- Coins – The coin symbol awards the prize value displayed on the symbol.
- Bomb – When bombs are collected, they explode when there are no more possible wins on the grid. This explosion removes all nearby symbols except feature symbols, triggering a redrop. During the redrop, the Birds are removed but will reappear in new positions afterward. Additionally, the grid expands up to 8×8 during the redrop.
When you collect three bonus symbols (anchors) in Pirots, they will trigger the bonus mode and receive five free drops. During the bonus round, the current grid size will carry over from the base game, and the symbol collection and gem win level will remain the same throughout the free spins. It’s important to note that collecting three bonus symbols during the bonus round will award additional free drops.
By clicking on the X-iter feature buy button in Pirots, players have the opportunity to choose one of five game modes.
- Bonus Hunt – 3x the initial bet for one drop and a four times higher chance of triggering the bonus game.
- Feature Bonanza – 10x the initial bet for one drop, along with a guaranteed full symbol collection, which in turn triggers a feature award.
- Maximum Grid Size – 25x the initial bet for one drop at the maximum grid size.
- Bonus – 100x the initial bet to trigger the bonusgame.
- Super Bonus – For a chance to trigger the bonus round on the maximum grid size in Pirots, players can select a game mode that offers a payout of 500x the initial bet. This mode also allows all upgrade symbols to upgrade all gems.
Pirots can be considered a cluster-paying slot with a unique Pac-Man twist. It is also an excellent game that may take a few rounds to fully grasp. While there is nothing overly complicated to understand, the process of collecting winning symbols, coupled with the feature meter and the plethora of feature symbols, creates a distinct and enjoyable gaming experience. Players should take their time to become familiar with all of the game’s idiosyncrasies, which may take longer than it would with a more traditional slot game.
Despite the challenge, the possibility of winning up to 10,000 times the initial bet in Pirots is an excellent incentive for players. With a little bit of luck or a good strategy, players can reap the rewards. While Pirots may have a few drawbacks, such as the very low RTP, its unique features and gameplay are worth exploring for those interested in discovering new gaming methods.
CASINOS OFFERING PIROTS
- Gamble - Double Up
- Free Spins
- Bonus Game